Ron Finemore Transport is committed to managing energy consumption, reducing greenhouse gas emissions and minimising our environmental impact.
Undertaking good environmental practices is an essential part of our management responsibility to sustainable development. We strive to be industry leaders and are consistently reviewing our policies and practices to remain at the forefront of the transport industry's standards. We continue to test and evaluate new technologies, practices and management approaches to improve the efficiency of resources and environmental performance of heavy road transport vehicles.
We operate under the following framework to govern environmental excellence:
- Continuous improvements in liquid economy
- Eco-driver training in environmentally sound driving techniques
- Clean alternative liquids
- High productivity vehicles
- Improving the environmental performance of tyres
- Reducing impact on the public road driving environment
We have employed the following strategies to help reduce our carbon footprint:
- Introduction of Euro 5 (Volvo) and Euro 6 (Daimler) into our fleet (with Euro 6 being above current Australian standards), and constant research (OS tours 2016) into the latest equipment.
- Environmental policies, procedures and practices form part of our safety management system which is reviewed and audited by Comcare as part of our self-insurers accreditation. We continue to strengthen our focus on environmental issues.
- Ensuring our vehicles are regularly serviced to have the minimum impact on the environment as possible.
- Regular contributions to industry collaborations such as the NSW Green Truck Partnership, where we assist in the evaluation of new technologies, and share information with peers regarding the improvement of environmental performance within the trucking industry.
- Daily liquid consumption monitoring to keep usage at a minimum.
- Pioneering improvements in b-double and single trailer carrying capacity Larger load sizes meaning higher trailer capacity utilisation (fewer truck trips completing a task), increasing our productivity and reducing our total truck movements, fuel consumption and emissions intensity per year.
Since 2008 Ron Finemore Transport have met the requirements of key government environmental programs by reporting our greenhouse gas emissions, energy production and consumption to the Clean Energy Regulator, the objectives of the reporting are to assist Commonwealth, state and territory government programs and activities, inform Government and help meet Australia's international reporting obligations.