Ron Finemore Transport is acutely aware of its responsibilities in the area of environmental impact, and we are making every feasible effort to lower CO2 emissions and reduce our energy consumption.
Recent initiatives we have implemented to minimise our carbon footprint include:
- Adoption and ongoing use of alternative fuels such as Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) and Biodiesel.
- Reduced fuel consumption through the purchase of aerodynamically designed prime movers and trailers.
- Use of energy-efficient low profile tyres and nitrogen inflation of all tyres.
- Prevention of potentially hazardous accidents/spills through the acquisition of vehicles with Electronic Stability Control (ESC), and through ongoing professional driver training, assessment and up-skilling programs.
- Reduction in noise pollution through the adoption of low-noise drive line brake retarding systems.
RFT will continue to monitor, develop and implement new ‘green’ technologies as part of our long-term contribution to a sustainable future.